Application Forum

APPROVED - App: SkyEventide - by Karein

Hi Laura,

As us officers are no life, we had a short chat and would like to offer you a trial.
Please /w myself or any other officer/ officer assist in game for an invite! (We have room for Juha, too!)

Welcome to Wall Rose family ^_^

-Karein (Nita#2760)

PS. It is possible to do your trial from your current server if you so wish.

Hello Laura,

First of thank for you for your solid looking application. You seem to have the proper knowledge and ilvl for our current progres and requirements. I will have a talk with the other officers and we will be come back to a.s.a.p.

~Kaïro

The application submitted by SkyEventide is as follows:

Quote:
General Inquiries

Tell us something about yourself and your interests (name, age, geographical locations, hobbies and such):
Hello Happy

My name is Laura, I'm 24 and English. Obviously I love to play WoW and that takes up a lot of my free time but when I'm not in Azeroth or work then I'm reading, watching movies/TV, playing/listening/recording music (I've played guitar over 10 years). I'm also a major foodie so I love to cook and bake!

Where did you hear about Wall Rose? (in-game or friends in the guild and so on):
My best friend Maenor & I found Wall Rose on WoW Progress. We researched you further in Warcraft Logs to see that you were still actively raiding and on the World of Warcraft EU Facebook page! (I replied to a thread on there from a gent by the name of Bob!)

Why did you choose to apply for Wall Rose?:
The information section on WoW Progress really stood out to me and it seemed to have a big emphasis on the community and atmosphere within the guild - how they are talkative, fun loving and how it's easy to find people to play with. Really, who wants to be part of an anti-social guild? I also liked the comments people made on a post in the World of Warcraft EU Facebook page - they were very positive and just made Wall Rose sound like something I would really want to be a part of.

What will Wall Rose be able to expect from you?:
You can expect a super friendly, fast learning player who is keen to progress and who can take criticism and adapt accordingly. I value the time I spend raiding and I respect the rest of the team and their time therefore you can always expect me to be on time and to stay for the duration of the raid. In general I'm friendly, sociable and helpful - I will always be happy to help guildmates in any way that I can!

What do you expect from Wall Rose?:
A friendly, actively social and happy guild environment and an opportunity to play with a stable raid team. I know that it is late in the expansion and as such lots of groups are having some roster issues at times but I wouldn't mind that as much if the guild is still active during non-raid times!

What character are you looking to apply with?:
SkyEventide - a 736 ilvl Frost mage with 9/13 mythic experience. 4 piece tier set and maxed out legendary ring. My off spec is Arcane and I know a lot of raid teams prefer that for DPS output. I mained Arcane for a long time and I really do enjoy frost more but I am willing to respec if that's what it takes to be able to progress further.

Please provide an armory link to your character described above:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Skyeventide/simple

What position in the guild are you interested in?:
Raider

PvP Inquries (Required for PvP Applicants)

What is your experience in PvP content? (Arena and RBG):
I don't really have any pvp experience, I generally prefer PvE content. I have done some random battlegrounds and would really like to get some more experience in Ashran as I'm told it's fun and I would really like the reputation with Wrynn's Vanguard.

What is your Item level? (Before and during PvP combat):

How is your insight into your class and your specs in regard to PvP content?:
I know that frost mages are quite good in PvP because of our slowing abilities ;D

Raid Inquiries (Required for Raid Applicants)

Which role do you look to fulfill in raids?:
Damage Dealer

What is your experience in PvE content? (Dungeons and Raids):
13/13 HC with multiple clears, 9/13 mythic experience in HFC. Silver proving grounds.

How is your insight into your class and your specs in regard to PvE content?:
I believe I know and play my class well however there is always more to learn. Tier 18 changed frost mage rotation quite a lot and I think I've adapted to that well. I've gotten used to changing my talents depending on the encounter, for example using Ice Floes for Kilrogg and Evanesce for soaking waves of destruction during Zakuun. I adapt well to different encounters, changing trinkets e.g. Orb of Voidsight for Gorefiend, Zakuun and Tyrant as opposed to my Iskar trinket for heavily add based fights. I really enjoy playing Frost but I know that a lot of groups prefer Arcane which is my off spec. I mained it up until SoO and would respec if necessary to progress further in WoD.

How is your insight into the current PvE content?:
I watch all FatBoss guides ahead of the raid so I have a basic overview of the fight mechanics and the typical tactics that are used, however I know that some guilds prefer to use their own tactics depending on raid composition and I adapt to this. I watch videos about my class and frequently check icy veins for tips and hints that can improve my playstyle.

Please tell us about your previous raid experience.:
In the past I have been a very casual player. However, since January 2016 I have progressed more seriously with my friend Maenor and have found that I enjoy the game a lot more this way. I have raided a lot in HFC, mainly in PuGs that I have lead as my guild is still progressing on normal Mannoroth. I began heroic HFC in January 2016 and have cleared it multiple times. I began mythic HFC in March and have had 36 mythic kills across 9 bosses and I'm eager to push for a full clear before Legion hits. I have experience on mythic Tyrant with my best attempt being around 25% wipe.

Additional Inquiries

Is there any of the requirements and topics discussed in the "Information for Applicants" thread on the Application Forum, that you have any problems with or inability to fulfill? Then please state which and explain why.:
Nope

Is there any of the requirements and topics discussed in the "Raid Team Information" thread on the Public Discussion Forum, that you have any problems with or inability to fulfill? Then please state which and explain why.:
Nope

If there is anything you would like to say, that hasn't already been said then feel free to do so now ;):
Maenor (who has also applied) is my best friend and we would really like to raid together, we want to find a new home that can accommodate both of us :)

On Twitch

No Broadcasters

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em