APPROVED - App: Talna - by Varlah

Good afternoon!

We have decided to offer you a trial!

Please add me on bnet and poke for an invite; novayne#2739

-Varlah

[21:38:19] [R] [100:Tangéla:1]: healers can't reach you
[21:38:26] [R] [100:Danjeros:3]: healers can move

#Facepalm

Thank you for your application we will get back to you as soon as possible :). 

P.s. yes in my book you got extra points for the cat pictures :D

General Inquiries

Tell us something about yourself and your interests (name, age, geographical locations, hobbies and such)

I'm a 27 year old self employed web developer/designer. Currently based in Loughborough, United Kingdom. 

My hobbies are gaming, I'm primarily a PC gamer that plays most new PC game releases, but there has always been a place in my heart for WoW and Counter-Strike. I also enjoy cooking, baking and boardgames with friends.

Where did you hear about Wall Rose? (in-game or friends in the guild and so on):

Post on the Sylvanas realm forum, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610952565

Why did you choose to apply for Wall Rose?

During most of my raiding experience I was either at school or recovering from a motorbike accident so I was able to raid pretty much every night, as I had nothing else to do. Now I have a business to run, fiancée to spend time with and various other responsibilities. 

Wall Rose's 2 days a week raid schedule is ideal for my current position. It's not that I don't have time to play, as I will have plenty of time to have everything I need for raiding. It's that I want to experience all the new raid content, without having to give up anything else I do in the evenings. 

Some of this responsibility being these 2 little fluff balls:

Bonus points for cat pictures, because everyone loves cat pictures... right?

What will Wall Rose be able to expect from you?

A patient, focused, experienced raider with a level head and a drive to get the best out of his class and see all Legion has to offer.

I will always be on time. I will always have everything I need to raid. I will always be up to date with my rotation and any changes Blizzard makes to my class. I will stick around to the end of the raid and never rage quit.

What do you expect from Wall Rose?

I expect a guild of like minded, older but still competitive raiders that want to progress through all the content at a reasonable pace and have fun whilst doing so.

What character are you looking to apply with?

The character I would like to apply with is my fury warrior, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Talna/ - It has been my main since MoP. Please bear in mind I only started playing WoD in June and never intended to raid in WoD, apart from LFR, so I have not looked into min maxing or even gems and enchants. I've simply had fun with friends since June, while waiting for Legion.

I am a firm believer in bring the player not the class. I have experience raiding as a few different classes, which I will get into later, so if the warrior spot is filled by the time you have discussed this and you guys like me then I will work with you and we can have a talk about what you need for the Legion raid team.

I have a 100 warrior, shaman, death knight and priest. Every class level 85+ and a level 100 boost I can use. I am confident I can refresh my memory on any class necessary to raid with in Legion.

What position in the guild are you interested in?

Raider

What is your experience in PvP content? (Arena and RBG)

~1900 2v2, ~2100 3vs3 and 2400 RBG in MoP.

I've always been fond of WoW PvP, despite all it's flaws and enjoy doing random battlegrouds, reaching rank 11 in vanilla on my priest which involved spending weeks and weeks farming battlegrounds.

What is your Item level? (Before and during PvP combat)

~708 PvE and about 730 PvP. I know I am under geared in WoD as I started extremely late and don't expect to be joining raids until Legion.

How is your insight into your class and your specs in regard to PvP content?

I believe I have a good understanding of my class and spec when it comes to both PvP and PvE. I'm not the best PvPer and I doubt I will ever get Gladiator, but I think my ratings speak for themselves... I know what I am doing, but I am no means an expert.

Raid Inquiries (Required for Raid Applicants)

Which role do you look to fulfill in raids?
Damage Dealer

What is your experience in PvE content? (Dungeons and Raids)

This is going to be a long answer, as there is quite a bit to cover, and some explaining to do. 

Lets start of by saying I have had multiple accounts through the years. When I was much younger, had no money and account selling was booming I could raid for a few months, or start a new account with each expansion then sell the account when I quit and make a decent amount of money, for a teenager. 

I have not sold an account since wotlk (~2009?) and I am playing on my original account, which has characters I played in both vanilla, wotlk and beyond still active on it. I do not have any intention of selling my account at any point in the future. It means a lot to me and I do not need the money any more. 

Vanilla:

I started vanilla playing a priest, a character which I still have and mostly just PvP with, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Photios/ - It was originally on Sunstrider and I moved to Stormscale for PvP, then moved to Light Bringer during WoD launch to get around the queues. Shadow is great in the pre-patch and I would not object to playing this in Legion. 

With my priest I did everything from Molten Core to first few bosses in AQ40. All of the raiding was done before they started tracking it on Armory, but if you look at achievements it has both "The Fifth Element" (Feats of Strength -> Raids) and "The Balance of Light and Shadow" (Legacy) for obtaining Benediction and Anathema, from Molten Core.

I stopped raiding with my priest and switched to a mage on Magtheridon. With that I raided everything up to the first 5 or so bosses in Naxx40, before the guild raiding slowed down prior to TBC release.

At the time these guilds were top 1 - 3 on the realm, but I don't know about EU or world rankings. 

TBC: 

Mage: Everything apart from Black Temple, as I quit shortly before it's release and sold the account.

Wotlk:

Holy Paladin: Everything up to the first few bosses in Ulduar.

Warrior (the same warrior I am applying to Wall Rose with): I did raid on it a little, as I still have Shadow's Edge lurking in the bank somewhere, but I honestly can't remember how far I got with it. It was horde on Chromaggus for a long time and almost all my horde characters are on there.

Cata:

Elemental Shaman: All of Blackwing Descent apart from Nefarian. All of BoT. Conclave of Wind and low % attemps on Al'Akir. This was very 'casual' raiding, as it was only a guild with friends I normally played Counter-Strike with. Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Onotaku/

MoP:

Only LFR on my warrior. I honestly don't really count LFR as raiding, as it's basically story mode. I never intended to raid in MoP as I was basically done with the game at that point, after playing on and off since 2005 and quit a few months after the release. 

WoD:
LFR on a few classes. Pug normal and a few heroic bosses on my warrior. This is months after the content came out when there are addons like Iskar Assist and countless videos explaining each encounter, making it trivial.

As you can see I've dipped in and out of raiding since vanilla. I have experienced a good portion of the raiding content on various different classes, but primarily healers or ranged DPS.

Legion has some major changes to WoW, which is why I am back and have fallen in love with the game again. I love the class changes and quality of life changes to many things and I am genuinely excited to get back into raiding, but only 2 days a week this time.

How is your insight into your class and your specs in regard to PvE content?

I haven't done much real raiding as a warrior. I have done hfc LFR, normal and a few heroic bosses but only as pugs and months after the content came out. Having said that I have played WoW for a long time, PvPed as a warrior a lot and have a good understanding of my class as a whole. When part of a raiding guild I am always looking to get the most out of whatever class I play and willing to put the time in to be the best I can.

How is your insight into the current PvE content?

I don't really think this question applies to me, but I will say it again to make sure there is no misunderstanding. I know I don't have the gear to compete in WoD and I am applying to join to raid with Wall Rose in Legion.

Additional Inquiries

Is there any of the requirements and topics discussed in the "Information for Applicants" thread on the Application Forum, that you have any problems with or inability to fulfill? Then please state which and explain why.

No. It's all clear and I don't have a problem with any of it. 

Is there any of the requirements and topics discussed in the "Raid Team Information" thread on the Public Discussion Forum, that you have any problems with or inability to fulfill? Then please state which and explain why.

No. It's all clear and I don't have a problem with any of it. 

If there is anything you would like to say, that hasn't already been said then feel free to do so now ;)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to hearing from you. I will check this page regularly for responses, but if you have any questions you can also message me in game, dbtor#2727

and Praise the Sun! \o/

On Twitch
Danatur 4 viewers
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em